Sunday, October 5, 2008

Six Unspectacular Quirks Tag

The Allens tagged us a while ago and we are finally getting around to doing it! We are supposed to name six "unspectacular quirks" about each of us. Here goes...

Amie
1) I have this thing with using paper towels until they can't possibly be used again. They are expensive and we go through them like crazy with our messy boys. So, after I use them for the boys' faces or hands, I put them in a pile on the counter and use them again when someone spills something on the floor. Only then will I throw them away. It's my way of thinking I'm saving money!

2) I think that making beds is a waste of time for three reasons: Are you not going to just climb in bed again and ruin it all? Secondly, my dear Andrew is a blanket stealer and so we sleep with separate blankets anyway. It is more work at bed time to separate the blankets again. And thirdly, if the boys see that my bed is actually made, they cannot stop themselves from ravaging it. Making beds is a waste of time!!!

3) I frequently eat chocolate for breakfast...and sometimes lunch (in the same day).

4) When I have a bad headache I don't even bother with Tylenol. I drink a can of Pepsi or Coke and it's gone within a half hour.

5) My favorite thing to do is sit in my recliner with my kids consuming my lap and read stories until they decide to scamper away.

6) I have the most simple cell phone available to man...and I still don't know how to text or turn the volume down on it. All I know is that it rings and I open it and say, "Hello."

Andy

1) I hyperventilate, throw up, or pass out on rollercoasters. Ask my wife. She once had to almost carry me off of Batman at Six Flags while we were dating because I passed out. The next time we tried one she had to pat my back while I threw up for hours afterwards.

2) I have sworn off church sports forever. In high school my nose was broken by someone's elbow playing church basketball and two years ago I broke my ankle playing church dodgeball. (Insert laugh here).

3) When I grow up I am going to be a zookeeper. I love big lions and tigers and bears! I even hop fences at the zoo to feed deli meat to the big cats. I still have all my fingers thankfully.

4) I can sleep absolutely ANYWHERE, soundly.

5) I think that ALL holiday decorations are a waste of money. Amie calls me "Scrooge".

6) I frequently drive around with the gas tank on "E" (and it makes Amie NUTS!). Her dad used to do that on family trips and inform them that they had about a 80% chance of making it to their destination. It keeps trips exciting!

2 comments:

The Three Peas said...

Oh, how I just love the Wrights! Amie, I'm sure deep down inside there is a closeted glow-stick waving raver-chic who digs techno music and watching midgets go bowling....she may not surface at church...but i'll find her.

mph said...

Amy- I agree with the bed making thing. I only make beds when guests come to visit. They can think the beds are like that all the time if they want. And how are you SKINNY and eat chocolate for breakfast and lunch?!! Lucky girl!! Andy- I always drive around on E too. I have figured out exactly when the gas light comes when to book it over to Safeway to finally get some gas.It drives Matt nuts.