I am so sad today! It all started when Alex decided that it would be fun to tear up a large piece of styrofoam into TINY little pieces and throw them all over the family room floor, and dance on them. (This picture doesn't NEAR show how big of a mess he made). So, naturally I told him he had to clean up the mess. He picked up all the big pieces because I told him it would clog the vacuum and then he could vacuum up the rest. Well, when he got to the vacuuming part I left to go change Aaron's diaper. When I returned to look at the job he had done, I noticed two BURN spots on my beautiful red rug! The fibers had been MELTED TOGETHER and BLACKENED. I guess he had laid the vacuum down on its side on the rug so he could use the hose part. I just burst into tears. My rug is completely ruined. Poor Alex felt so bad as hormonal (breastfeeding) mommy sobbed as she tried to pull apart and pull off the burnt pieces. But, alas...there is no saving my rug...which is only a couple of months old. It feels like walking on carpet that has been Elmer's glued together, not too comfy for the feet. So, my question is this...do I need a new vacuum or is this rug totally flammable and apt to be melted together with heat???? Are you ready for the GOOD part of this story? Thank heavens I opted to buy the Walmart rug over the $400 one I was looking at over the internet. Yea me! :)
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
New Vacuum???
I am so sad today! It all started when Alex decided that it would be fun to tear up a large piece of styrofoam into TINY little pieces and throw them all over the family room floor, and dance on them. (This picture doesn't NEAR show how big of a mess he made). So, naturally I told him he had to clean up the mess. He picked up all the big pieces because I told him it would clog the vacuum and then he could vacuum up the rest. Well, when he got to the vacuuming part I left to go change Aaron's diaper. When I returned to look at the job he had done, I noticed two BURN spots on my beautiful red rug! The fibers had been MELTED TOGETHER and BLACKENED. I guess he had laid the vacuum down on its side on the rug so he could use the hose part. I just burst into tears. My rug is completely ruined. Poor Alex felt so bad as hormonal (breastfeeding) mommy sobbed as she tried to pull apart and pull off the burnt pieces. But, alas...there is no saving my rug...which is only a couple of months old. It feels like walking on carpet that has been Elmer's glued together, not too comfy for the feet. So, my question is this...do I need a new vacuum or is this rug totally flammable and apt to be melted together with heat???? Are you ready for the GOOD part of this story? Thank heavens I opted to buy the Walmart rug over the $400 one I was looking at over the internet. Yea me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How sad! I would've cried too. :(
Thats awful, but as for your question not sure. Our vacuum gets pretty hot sometimes too, but I don't think it would melt, but I guess if it was on it's side long enough anything with a motor could be a fire hazard.
Gotta love our boys!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't help you with the question. I would get a new rug and a new vacuum...make 2 good things come out of a really sad situation.
I am so so sorry. Your rug was beautiful. I had to buy a new vacuum the other day. It is amazing how much better it works than my old one.
Oh Amie!! I am so glad you didn't buy the $400 rug! Boys are just impossible to keep up with! If you can still see burnt marks on your rug my suggestion would be to buy a red Sharpie and color over it with permanent marker. I have sharpies in every color for things like that! Vaccuums can be expensive too so I hope nothing is wrong with your vaccuum!
So sad. Our motto at our house is "We can't have nice things" because our kids wreck up everything. Not on purpose, but just cuz they are kids. Some day we will have lovely things in our homes because the kids will have finally moved out. Till then burnt rugs, and seam ripper cut up couches(thank you Gaven)is what we get. I love being a mom.
Oh my gosh that is totally something Will would do. It's like he thinks to himself, 'what can I ruin and destroy today?'. That is awesome you didn't pay $400 for it though!
Darn it, I hate it when things like that happen. I lost a rug to red staining throw up lat month. I scrubbed and scrubbed it to try and get it clean, but gave up a bought a $20 carpet remnant to replace it, I won't feel as bad if it gets ruined this time (it probably won't though because I didn't spend anything on it)!
Post a Comment